Short Code Services
- A Short Code is a special 5 or 6 digit telephone number that’s shorter than a full phone number.
- Short Codes are used to send and receive SMS and MMS messages to and from mobile phones.
- Alert notifications like as warnings or flight delays-again due to the reliability aspect of short codes.
- If a business is looking for a cheap, easy way to send and receive messages, mainly for support or conversational use and not for bulk messaging, with a low level of security- then it should choose long codes.
- However, if you are looking to send SMS mainly for marketing campaigns and willing to invest in a slightly expensive but robust, long term SMS strategy, then short codes are for you.